Matt and Corinne’s wedding had the dubious honour of being the last of my COVID delayed weddings. It was originally scheduled to be on the same weekend in 2020. However, because many of the guests had come over from the USA it has been more difficult to re-schedule than most.
On the day itself we had to deal with the threat of the first of the Autumn storms coming in. I discussed this with Corinne and Matt. In the end we decided to press on with the groups straight after the ceremony if it was still dry. I worked at a pace a little faster than usual to avoid the forecast rain. Luckily the first drops of rain arrived just as I was finishing the couple’s photos. All the guests were super helpful and co-operative. Corinne and Matt were very easy to photograph so all things considered I don’t think it could have gone any better.
The guests went into the wedding breakfast just as it started to rain with all my outdoor photographs finished. A lucky escape as the rain was so hard at its peak that I doubt an umbrella would have been any use. It made for a rather challenging drive home later that evening.